1. What Kind of People Need House Cleaning Services?
Many people are interested in maintaining the appearance and sanitation of their home, but they do not have enough free time to do all the cleaning that is necessary. For working parents, the vast majority of a day can be spent at work and taking care of the kids, leaving very little free time available to clean as well as pursue leisure activities.
2. What Expectations Should You Have?
Everyone should expect that the cleaning service they hire will clean the home with the safety of the occupant and their belongings in mind. Customers should also expect that the home is cleaned thoroughly and that all cleaning methods they pay for are done properly and sanitarily. You can choose which service options work best for you. This can be discussed during scheduling with the maid service you choose to hire.
3. How Can You Tell a Good Cleaning Service From a Bad One?
Just like anywhere else, when it comes to house cleaning you have a lot of choices. There are several things you can look for to determine if a company is good in enough to hire. Some of these factors are more important than others and deserve more attention.
While you certainly want a company which performs its job at a high level, you should also focus on how that company is managed as the management has a huge impact on the quality of the employees and the methods they utilize when cleaning your home.
The best way to ensure that the employees are treating your home in a respectful, safe, and sanitary manner is to make sure that the management is completely committed to giving you the best possible experience and not just doing what it takes to get your money.
4. What Questions Should You Ask Before Deciding on a House Cleaning Service?
You will want to meet with the management and get an in-home estimate of your cleaning costs. During this time you should ask any questions you have about their business or their cleaning methods.
There have been many changes recently on the local and national levels when it comes to business conduct, so it is important that you understand your transaction completely. Review these simple points to determine how your cleaning service operates and whether it is right for you:
1. Make sure you know who is paying employment and social security taxes for the cleaning staff.
2. Does the cleaning staff work directly for a company or for an independent contractor?
3. Make sure you know who is responsible for the safety of cleaning staff while on your property.
4. How are damage claims handled?
5. Be sure there will be no unauthorized staff present in your home during your service.
6. Who is responsible for the cleaning supplies and tools?
7. If your regular cleaning staff is not available, be sure there are procedures in place to ensure that your home is still cleaned.
8. Is anyone present to supervise cleaning operations or is it just the cleaning staff?
Remember that the person you are speaking to should always be comfortable with answering any questions you have.
5. Should They be a Licensed Company?
A licensed company is one which has gone to the trouble of declaring themselves to state agencies which work to safeguard consumers and is crucial in determining if a company is reputable or not. You certainly want to make sure you are working with a company which is insured in the event of property or personal damages, but also be sure to discuss the limitations of the policy with the company to make sure you understand it completely.
6. What Should You do First?
The first step is finding companies which meet your criteria. Find reviews or referrals for the companies either online or by asking your neighbors and friends who employ a cleaning service. Speak to the companies personally and discuss their services and your needs.